How to Start your Own Staging Business
Perhaps you’ve thought longingly about a career in real estate, but you want one that gives your artistic side the opportunity to shine. Maybe you need a job that gives you a little more flexibility where you have even more control over your schedule than the typical agent. No matter your reason for wanting to start a home staging business, there is a process to getting your company up and running. Continue reading to find out how to start your own staging business.
Staging Studiois one of the most profitable staging companies out there. They’ve won numerous awards for their savvy techniques, and they want to share their knowledge on running a successful home staging business with you. They offer three different levels of accredited SDP™ courses to become a respected and professional stager. They cover the ins and outs of the job, from staging a home to keeping inventory. Even marketing strategies are included in some of their courses. Currently, three levels (and three additional courses) are offered to learn how to start your own staging business.
Courses on How to Start your Own Staging Business Through Staging Studio
· Pro: this course offers training for individuals, including color training.
· Expert: this course offers training for those wanting to start or grow their own staging business. It includes everything from the Pro course with additional modules on branding, marketing, and business, a 1-hour private coaching call, and over 50 forms and contracts
· Master: this course provides hands-on training over a 3-day period in San Antonio (requires prior completion of preceding courses).
· Short-Term Rental Stylist Course: like the title says, this course gives you everything you need to know for creating eye-catching rental spaces
· Master Color Consultant™ - this course will help you pick the perfect palette for any and every space
· Wholesale Buying Course – this course teaches you how to work smarter instead of harder for your business through insider secrets (includes the FULL Vendors List)
Staging Studio’s Checklist on How to Start your Own Staging Business
Staging Studio also has a free checklist to jumpstart your staging business on their websiteas well as blogs and other resources to grow your knowledge in the industry. In addition to the actual process of staging homes, you’ll need to think of how your business will run marketing, pay taxes, and control inventory. Check with Staging Studio to get the full checklist, but some of the things you should consider before beginning to start your own staging business are:
· Complete education – complete training and certification
· Create your plan – make a detailed business and marketing plan
· Go legal – obtain business insurance, a Federal Tax ID Number (EIN), adhere to local and state requirements on licensing
· Get your finances in order – set up a bank account, hire a CPA, understand state and federal taxes, utilize a bookkeeping system
· Structure your business – pick a name and register your DBA, create a logo, get an email account, setup your online presence (websites and social media accounts), order business cards
· Stay organized – track inventory, establish referral connections with local professionals, initiate wholesale accounts with chosen vendors
· Extras: Customized Marketing Video, Marketing Presentation, Path to Profitability Course, and many free resources
You can trust an accomplished company like Staging Studio to steer you in the right direction for all your staging business needs. Visit Staging Studio’s website today to find out how to start your own staging business and get their valuable help along the way